rachel
waking up
jolt awake
sun trickling through the windows
panic
clock reads 8:30
did i over sleep?
what happened to my alarm?
heart racing
bolt upright
reach for the phone
8:34 pm
pm?
oh yeah, i took a nap.
-------------------------
Michael
Travail
This fire
It knows its own home
Where alone,
It grows
The closing of this gap
A time to take for two
A heat that burns up everything
Laying back to enjoy the inferno
Flames lick my insides
Raw, hard, burnt feeling
Pouring from every pore
Like climbing a mountain, blind
-------------------------------------
Denise
Bus Adventures
the day begins with a run to the bus.
transit tracker..6 min..4 min..1 min..DUE
Today the bus said
"Drop off only"
Oh no- a 20 minute deadline
Four people trickled off
can we six fit?
We cram on
Hope everyone took a shower
Close quarters someone observes
Bus driver:
"I met my wife on the bus"
Someone asks.
Is that why you are a bus driver?
Two stops go by and I am pushed further and further
into the back of the bus
As asian man takes a seat
I get the seat behind him
dirty hair
disruptive odor
black hair peppered with extra large dandruff flakes
gross.
Maybe tomorrow everyone will shower.
-------------
Christine
I took an online poll today
to determine
which,
if any,
local band I would go to the zoo
to see play
this summer.
Exotic and rare,
the lonely siren,
or boy with guitar,
to be lauded under a pale moon.
I voted for a kid named Jake.
I've seen him around,
drinking Stumptown.
I doubt I would go to the zoo,
just to see him play.
------
Susan
Today's the day
I'll do ALL the laundry.
Today's the day
I'll smile at EVERY customer.
(well, not that one guy,
he's a dick.)
Today's the day
I'll write a REAL poem.
about feelings.
Today's the day
I will ONLY eat vegetables.
Today's the day.
Thursday.
Thursday?
TOMORROW'S the day.
------
Your Mom
There once was a lass
That had a sweet ass
A-riding that donkey, she fled
Up to the hill, to meet with Old Bill
To give him a piece of her head
Upon her return
She said with a squirm
What is this poor girl to do?
I''ll ride to the zoo, find a beaver or two
Tis' furry and musty with dew
------
Choices by Sahar Baharloo
Instead of doing homework,
Tonight I drank half a bottle of wine
and listened to a young man's business idea
of starting a company called
the International House of Handjobs.
------
Lily
City lights look so pretty
way out there and far away
all the life boxed up inside
I can't hear the things you say
In my box I'm also sitting
Silent with the lights on low
In between us trees are talking,
Night is walking, whispers low.
--
Fawn
Ladder
You could climb it like a ladder,
the Bangkok heat. A ladder
that leads you nowhere, anywhere,
somewhere small.
-------
Vanessa
Bike Lane
Raccoon, dead three days
Gravel, strewn in December snow
Glass, vessel made into minefield
Cigarette butts, a pile of twenty
Water, oily puddle of debris
Running shoes, inattentive jogger
Blossoms, fallen from above
You and I, flying on bicycles
--------
Ravi
First Thursday Art Walk.
Head down to the basement of
the OK Hotel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.