fawn
Aioli: A Recipe Poem
Break the egg carefully. Part the white and yolk in silence.
Keep the yellow. It's all you'll need.
With a silver fork or whisk
consistify the yellow with more yellow: they are at peace.
Dijon, but not too much. You want to imagine custard
and snow simultaneously.
With your mince, with your garlic, toasted,
untoasted, either way, stream olive oil gently
into the yellow. Springlike, primordial.
Beat.
Still beat.
Stop.
Salt next, and then pepper. White for tradition,
black for the new.
More oil. Your flourish
white vinegar, capful at most,
lime or lemon juice.
It's over. The aubade, the leaving of the sauce,
cool temperatures, lonesome cutlery.
Thoth
Tocking clock ticks
I, refusing to watch
Refusing to wait
End up fusing with the time piece
I run, run, run up the tower
To tell everyone the time
I like the face of the clock
Its regular position, its delicate fingers
Caressing the gentle lines of her face
The six, rounded chin
The three, her bundled, soft ear
Twelve, the wisps of hair on the front of her forehead
Holding the clock, not with my hand
But with my wrist
She waits for me
But waits for no other man
----------------------
rachel
in my head
when things are quiet
and all the stimuli are gone
are the times i notice
the things i get stuck in my head
bouncing around in my brain
there were two months
where ever time my brain was off
i would here the same verse
he's the one, who like all our pretty songs...
playing in my brain
it isn't just songs that get stuck there
sometimes a word or phrase will pop out of nowhere
screaming in my head
unexpectedly, in a loud angry voice
rattling my brain
other times it's an idea
that i can't stop thinking about
no matter how high i count
every time i shut down it's there, waiting for me
churning in my brain
the worst are people
who leave a part of them with me
lodged in my skull like the tip of a broken off knife
like an episode of CSI
calcifying in my brain
when things are quiet
and i stop thinking about my day, a job, the news
is when that song, phrase, idea, person comes out
never letting me shut down
it's when my brain thinks about you.
#
Christine
Fruit Flies, a meditation
A pile of dirty dishes,
a bit hazardous in the sink,
the top bowl brimming with water,
just so.
A few grapes on the counter,
spotted and squashed,
and the paper towel, crumpled,
and left in a purple puddle.
The beer bottles still unwashed,
with labels pulled and frayed,
somehow in line and
form the left flank.
Is that kugel on the stove?
Pizza crusts in the box?
Coffee leaving a bathtub ring
as the cup grows less than half full?
And treasures abound.
Sahar
Today I bought underwear instead of doing laundry
For the second time this year.
I am so proud to be an American.
-------------
vanessa
rain sun clouds repeat
seven minute intervals
recursive weather
--------------
Susan
i would like some time
to myself -- only myself
to sit in the sun.
--------------
Lily
In the last two months
haven't mowed the lawn,
every morning an earlier dawn,
almost time for a campfire singalong,
solstice is almost here!
Jungle volleyball
Hike to a waterfall
bluegrass dance tunes
Flying water balloons
Smells like summer's almost here -
Almost time for turkey and beer!
-------
Denise
Circle
Encircled
Alpha and Omega
Source and the End
Totality
In time and Space
mystery of the womb and the tomb
beauty above me
beauty below me
beauty to the right of me
beauty to the left of me
I am on the pollen path.
--------
Ravi
My laptop screen broke.
Life feels so odd without it.
Could be worse, I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sahar, my dear, I own over 50 pairs.
ReplyDeletesorry for posting another mediocre folk song instead of a poem! I keep forgetting to do this earlier in the day ...
ReplyDeletelily- wait, your poem/folksong isn't here. I have a hypothesis. It's that I started editing the post while you were/ before you posted, and then when I hit "publish", it was after you hit "publish", but since mine was later, it re-published and thus destroyed your poem. Other people were talking about "disappearing" entries - this might be why. Again, I don't know how blogger works, but that's my guess.
ReplyDeletevanessa: you should email lily.
ReplyDelete