Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19th, 2009

Only

Michael


If only,
I was a little bitter
Enough to tell
Who my enemies were

If only,
I was a little better
Enough to tell
Where I went right

If only,
I was a little brighter
Enough to tell
When I can leap

If only,
I was a little bolder
Enough to tell
How to kill the demons

If only,
I was a little bigger
Enough to tell
What causes me to rise

If only,
I was a little braver
Enough to tell
Why I could not stop

-----------

rachel

one year ago

one year ago
i told myself
no more

after that long lunch
to which you were late
and from which i left annoyed

one year ago
i told myself
you make me sad

but every time
i try to walk away
something happens

one year ago
i told myself
you don't need me

but then you do
in the middle of the night
when there's nobody else

one year ago
i told myself
i wouldn't see you again

but evidently
we're going to get a drink
next week.

oops.

--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.